I posted the question: Can anyone think of something other than banana bread to make with 3 overripe bananas? to my www.bentobloggersandfriends.blogspot.com and they all came back with some pretty good ideas!
- Cupcakes, cookies, waffles and pancakes from www.ipacklunch.com
- Smoothies were mentioned by a few...including one apparently blogless member of the group...how did I not know she didn't have a blog?!
- Freeze them or use them in place of oil in baking recipies as per www.bitingthehandthatfeedsyou.net
- www.keeleymcguire.blogspot.com says you can even sub bananas for eggs in recipes too...she should know since she's an allergy mom!
- Crystals Ramblings uses them for banana chocolate chip muffins.
This is my adapted recipe...as I only had 3 bananas and no pumpkin pie spice...
3 lg Bananas; ripe and sliced
3 tb Lemon juice
1 1/2 c Sugar
1 ts cinnamon
Process bananas and lemon juice until smooth; (i did this all in my saucepan...super lazy!)
transfer to a saucepan. Stir in sugar and spice;
bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring,
15 minutes. Serve on toast, etc. Store in
My little lunchys are sick today...so a little warm banana butter on some mini bagels was just enough.