It's that time of year again...Halloween! Who doesn't love a bit of scary mixed with all you can eat candy? It wouldn't be a holiday of the Bento Bloggers and Friends didn't do a blog hop...so here it is in all it's fearsome glory! Click the button below to head on over to One Crafty Thing when you're done eyeballing my lunch.
This lunch contains an awesome recipe for Crock Pot Pumpkin bread from Wanna Bite blog. I found the recipe on Pinterest, of course. It's moist and delicious and I don't think I will ever make pumpkin bread any other way now. If you're feeling a little adventurous, try dumping in two packets of Starbucks VIA instant coffee for a Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread...I use Italian Roast. It's delicious (and caffeinated to boot!)
Here's the recipe for the kids without the coffee:
Crockpot Pumpkin Bread
- ½ cup of oil
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin
- 1½ cup of flour (sifted)
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon
- ½ tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- Blend the oil and both of the sugars into a large bowl.
- Then, stir in the beaten eggs and canned pumpkin. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into a greased or oiled bread pan. (I used a canola oil spray that worked just fine.
- Now add two cups of water to your crockpot and place the pan into a crock pot.
- Cover the top of the crockpot with eight-ten paper towels. This is to trap condensation and keep the bread from becoming mushy.
- Place the crock pot lid on top of the crockpot (I tried to make sure the paper towels were trapped around the lid so they didn’t slip) and bake on high 2½ to 3 hours.
Since I have two very different children at two different stages in life, I had to make a lunch without all the Halloween flair for the 7th grader. She gets the same lunch, no fun and not tomatoes because she doesn't like tomatoes.
And here's some close ups of the fun lunch: I got the skeleton flair at Publix and the witch and hand on Amazon. Check out the links below to get some of your own.
If you are interested in any of the products I use, click the affiliate links below, please! Anytime you purchase through one of my links, regardless of what you purchase, I get a small percentage of the sale. It's how lunchy gets paid! Thanks!